Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Impressions

At first sight of the city of Brussels my initial thoughts, as we rode in the taxi to our hotel,  was that the city looked very similar to DC (which I believe were similar thoughts that others had as well). However, as my eyes and mind begin to shake off the jet lag and exhaustion I am now seeing Brussels in a whole new light. Our tour of the Grande Place with Jerry Sheridan revealed the rich history that can be found right in the architecture of the city. Navigating the streets as I search for the location of my interviews has lead me to find the Royal Palace, lush parks, and many restaurants that are now on my "to eat here" list. I'm looking forward to learining more as we travel and study about this complex little country named Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment